read full text here:
Circumcision Practice Patterns in the United States
Objective. To determine 1) the performing of circumcision by medical specialty, gender, and years of practice; 2) the pattern of anesthetic use for this procedure; and 3) the reasons physicians cite for not using anesthesia.
- Received November 3, 1997.
- Accepted February 17, 1998.
- Reprint requests to (H.J.S.) 1430 Highway 96, White Bear Lake, MN 55110.
- This work was presented in part at the Pediatric Academic Society's Annual Meeting on May 5, 1997 in Washington, DC.
- AAP =
- American Academy of Pediatrics •
- DPNB =
- dorsal penile nerve block •
- EMLA =
- eutectic mixture of local anesthetics •
- OB =
- obstetrician •
- FP =
- family practitioner •
- PED =
- Copyright © 1998 American Academy of Pediatrics